Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lysistrata.

I really like this story already, but I could only get so many good pages off of google books.

****SPOLIERS****
So, the chick named Lysistrata comes up with a brilliant idea to stop the Peloppenesian (spelling?) War and create peace by denying (consenusal) sex with their husbands, so they'll make a treaty. I think she might be getting a woman from the opposing side (just guessing, haven't gotten there yet).

She tries to get all of the women in Athens to get in with it, and they're apprehensive because they like sexytime (who doesn't?). But they give in, and I stopped after Lysistrata and Kalonike made an oath.

***END SPOILERS***


Is this a comedy? Cause it's really fucking funny (in the good way). Love it so far, but can't wait to get a better translation in a book THAT'S NOT a modern one or one that's made to be in a Scottish accent. Damn the internet and my lack of a car.

I feel productive. Suck it, universe.



Love,


Chelsea

No comments: