Monday, February 14, 2011

Master Harold

ifsjfldsjlkdjfskdjfksldjfdkslfjds I fucked up so badly last marking period.


100 for accepting TD position, participating awesomely in class, and finding a costume for the film (along with helping to film it).


I read the Preface, or little author's thing to Master Harold... today and it looks really intriguing. I've heard a lot about the racial divide in South Africa so I'm pretty siked to read it. Plus, I have a friend from Cape Town. Plus, Danny Glover was in it...how could it not be amazing?

It describes what the the play's about, and it gives a lot of background to the 'apartheid' (segregation) there around the time Athol Fugard was a young man; it was a lot like the American Civil Rights struggle except it lasted for hundreds of years and really had the biggest change when Nelson Mandela was elected to office. I did some googlinh and it's dissipated since then, so that's good.


No comments: