Thursday, September 10, 2009

boopbopbop

100 today for not disturbing, follwing orders, and finishing the play.


So yeah, Oedipus is a little crazy. Poor guy gauged his eyes out. I mean, anyone would after their mother/wife killed themsleves. Anyway, points I found interesting:

-The constant change of language throughout the entire translation; I swear, this guy put all the fancy crap at the very beginning and end so when his publisher would skim through it, he would think he was doing a good job. Beginning: "whaaaaaat? this is confusing." Middle: "Oh, okay." End: All fancy. I don't understand why this is necessary. I still want to know if that's in any sort of rhythmic pattern. I'd like to know what it is.

-Pretty tragic. Pretty Greek. I want to read Antigone now. And Oedipus at Colonus. Btw, some chick who spelled parents 'parrents' wrote all over it. No help, unfortunately.

-It was a great story, but I think I'll need to read a better translation to really get a grip on it.

-On the whole, I understood it. Around 90%, I think.

-OH. And now I get all the vision references. fahchaaaaa.

-I absolutely loved the role the chorus plays in the story. Like, a medium between the story and audience. We need more of those; it makes me happy.


By the way, did you get my dates for the script?


Artseh stuff comes later; need to find a schedule where I get most things done by seven o'clock, when I'm still competent. Nightnight.

No comments: