Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I should be asleep right now

Participation: 100 (if your grade doesn't count?) because of my newly found leadership skillz.

So, I read pages 31-60 of Oedipus Rex today.

-Oedipus finds out from the Messenger that his 'father' is dead, so he's all "Awesome. Fuck you, Apollo." and so is Jocasta, until the Messenger starts talking about how his Laius was killed, and about a child who was put into the woods with his feet pinned together.

-Oedipus finds out that the prophecy really DID come true

-Jocasta is crapping her pants and doesn't want to believe it

Most of it consists of Oedipus arguing with either Jocasta or the Chorus about how he's right and they're wrong. Still pompus, and I still feel bad for him. I'd feel like a huge sick fuck.


I'm starting to latch onto the language now. It actually does get easier. Nothing really is getting accomplished, though. I mean, nothing super important. It just seems like complaining, but maybe because I already knew what happened before I started it.

Thanks. GOD



Need to sleep, no time for teh artseh blog.

No comments: